Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The concession speech

The bad news-- my 4-8 or 3-7 won't work in this. The good news, those who went 4-6, 3-5 won't be right either. Just cheked radar and its winding down REALLY fast.

We may see 1-2 inches, but the snow is SO wet that its melting on the bottom and compacting as fast as it lays. I would not be shocked if the official if we get another half inch or so at best. I've got about .8 of an inch on my official snow board, but its a big pile of slush.

What went wrong--

I expected the rain, some sleet-- but expected much stronger banding on the backside when we changed to snow.  We had some nice snows, but even the past hour with .09 of liquid falling, the snow depth didn't really increase at my house. If we had persistent snow bands, the temp cools a little more and the snow piles up faster.


Ideally, I' thought we'd get 3-5 inches in 2-3 hours and while some of the RAIN bands had that much liquid, but not so much when we flipped to snow. Some of the modelling data stated this was possible, as the upper air support nudged a little further north each run.

Still a big ticket event from Harrisonburg to DC up 95 to Boston.

Expect a late night or early AM mid range outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment