Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shiver Me Timbers

Yesterdays snow fall was a disaster for any forecaster. It ended up WAY north, and really anything south of DC and east of the BR struggled to get a decent event. Hopefully, I conveyed that well in my thoughts here. I was glad most places pulled out an inch, but I know folks on Boonsboro who did not, and once again we had more snow here than my kids when they are with their Mom. (It's happened 3x in the past 12 months)

I live on Timberlake and we had decent snow band between 9 and 9:30-- it's when half of our 1.5 inches fell.

The forecast over the next week is Cold and Colder. You may need 2 pair of gloves and yes, please share them. Temps may not get above freezing till Saturday and then fall under again for 3-4 more days. 

Let's be honest, cold is boring. I walked to my car tonight to find a book my son wanted me to read him and thought how bad it would be homeless in this cold. While that means nothing to my blog, this will be a "historic" cold outbreak when all is said and done. But, if we don't score much more snow-- does it really matter?

Snow chance?

We will have 2-3 more pulses of energy that approach BEFORE late next week. I think all three whiff to our north, but all three COULD bring a few flurries or snow showers. If we could get any of these pushed to our south, we could swing another coating to an inch but that doesn't seem likely at this time. 

Some data has indicated that LATE next week-- Thursday to Saturday Time frame (Jan 30-Feb 1) Time frame. Anything that's 10 days out is a guessing game of sorts, but sometimes the best time to look for an event is transition-- like yesterdays was leading into a cold snap or late next week, leading OUT of a colder pattern. Either one has issues with precipitation type as cold air is either coming or going. 

Remember I'm on Twitter or FB for updates that I don't do on here and if you click an add I'll eventually get a $100 check from google. I'm about half way there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment