Saturday, February 14, 2015

Not going to change anything...

I had hoped to gain a little more clarity yesterday for this event, and while we did get some my confidence level has not climbed a ton. Once we established that the low would not cut to our west, but move to our south I moved the region snow total to a general 2-4 inches. That isn't going to change at this time. 

Key Factor:

I've used the term phasing, which is when energy aloft from 2 jet streams work together. I used the term "bundled" energy and this is in that realm as well. The model runs that show a decent event 
have decent phasing and those who don't have a smaller or a NON event. If that energy from the Baha area ejects and phases (interacts) quick enough, we should have a decent, if not significant event. 

Best locations: 
At this point in time places along the VA/NC border are at higher risks to see more significant snowfalls. 



No comments:

Post a Comment