Friday, January 20, 2012

Ice is forming on the tips of my wings--

A little Pink Floyd for some late night ice--

As I suspected, we've flipped to freezing rain in Lynchburg, yet rain in most other regions. Strong flow down the east side of the Blue Ridge brought down just enough cold air to bring us to freezing. I did a brief walk outside and there is no ice on the cars yet, but on some of the trees and bushes there was just enough to notice it if you felt it.

This won't be a huge ice storm, but I just cringe at the thought of ONE bad wreck due to lack of warning. The off hour runs all showed freezing rain in Lynchburg-- so, I'm not shocked, but as I stated, I could have easily seen this being a 33 and very cold rain.

Be safe-- only the favored spots in the shade could get an icy spot or two. There are some heavier bands of ran heading our way and that actually helps the ice to NOT freeze to marginal freezing temps. (Rain falling faster than it can freeze)

Be safe-- if you have friend or family who went to a late movie, grab some food- shoot them a text out of caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment